Snmpd blind scan on different subnet
Tien To Tran
2015-07-30 11:03:49 UTC
I have snmpd installed on 3 computers on the same subnet and can discover
the rest from any computer in that network.

The command I use is: snmpwalk -v 1 public ip

However, when I move one to different subnet, it disappears from the query
result. Are there any options for me to blind scan that computer or I must
provide network info of this one to snmpwalk?

Rgs

Tien
Jurkiewicz Jean-Marc
2015-07-30 14:04:22 UTC
Is IP connectivity insured between the subnets ( can you ping the moved computer from the SNMP-querying one ?)
Firewalls ???
Etc etc

Best regards
JM

2015-07-30 15:13:32 UTC
Hi, I can ping the moved computer and firewall is off.

Rgs
Tien
Tien To Tran
2015-07-31 03:36:47 UTC
snmpwalk -v 1 -c public 192.168.1.4 sysUpTime
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (528183) 1:28:01.83
But still can't discover the machine via
snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost ip
What's wrong here?

Rgs
PS: Sorry for the duplicated messages, Jurkiewicz
, I forgot to reply to the mail list.