Antw: Q: VACM and USM
Ulrich Windl
2015-06-25 06:10:57 UTC
Hi!

I can't really answer my own question, but I'm kind of surprised that nobody seems to know the answer:
Using "rwuser" is noc remommended if you also want to use the VACM, but to be able to create users and change passwords, users need access to parts of the internal user management.

Do you all just use "rwuser", or don't you know you are using "rwuser", or di you use SNMPv1?

Regards,
Ulrich
Hi!
I have a simple question ;-)
Which view do users need access to to
1) modify theit own passwords
2) create new users
Obviously 1) should not include 2).
I tried to find an answer, but failed. Using net-snmp 5.4.2.1 ...
Regards,
Ulrich
Doughty, Daniel
2015-06-25 13:26:00 UTC
I've never used snmp for password management. We use v2 but not the rw portion.

Thanks,
Dan Doughty

I can't really answer my own question, but I'm kind of surprised that nobody seems to know the answer:
Using "rwuser" is noc remommended if you also want to use the VACM, but to be able to create users and change passwords, users need access to parts of the internal user management.

Do you all just use "rwuser", or don't you know you are using "rwuser", or di you use SNMPv1?

Regards,
Ulrich
Hi!
I have a simple question ;-)
Which view do users need access to to
1) modify theit own passwords
2) create new users
Obviously 1) should not include 2).
I tried to find an answer, but failed. Using net-snmp 5.4.2.1 ...
Regards,
Ulrich
This communication (including any attachment(s)) is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication to include any copy that may reside in your sent box. Thank you for your cooperation.