SNMP Queue issue
Dinesh M
2015-08-26 10:05:27 UTC
Hi
Team,

We
have installed SNMP version "net-snmp.x86_64
1:5.5-54.el6_7.1" on CentOs and currently configured our SIEM to send traps via SNMP. We are facing issues with SNMP and here is the brief description of the issue we are going through:
When we start snmptrapd daemon with "-Otn" or "-Ot" or "-On" switches, every trap after first one is staying in receive queue and can be confirmed by issuing following command
netstat -panu | grep 162
But when we remote all of "-O" options from snmptrapd startup scripts everything is working fine, but we are loosing format that is critical for our follow up script to work.
Hence when we start snmptrapd with following options
OPTIONS="-COtn -Lf /var/log/snmptrapd.log -c /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -p /var/run/snmptrapd.pid"
the requests are getting queued except for the first one post service restart which goes through fine, and when we start same with following options.. it works fine. but we loose critical functionality, which is not acceptable.
OPTIONS="-C -Lf /var/log/snmptrapd.log -c /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -p /var/run/snmptrapd.pid"
Any help in getting this issue resolved, is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
RegardsDinesh
Dinesh M
2015-08-31 10:30:26 UTC
Any input to resolve the issue is much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
RegardsDinesh