smilint returns error: failed to locate MIB module `UCD-SNMP-MIB'
Tim Culhane
2015-03-18 12:17:32 UTC

Apologies for cross posting:

I want to generate a notification in which the current date and time is
included as a field value.

The object versionCDate in the UCD-SNMP-MIB mib will return the current date
and time based on a call to ctime.

I have created a notification-type object in my mib file, see attached which
includes versionCDate as one of its objects.

I have included UCD-SNMP-MIB in my list of imports at the top of the mib
file so that ucdavis is included.

However, when I run smilint I get the error:

./OWM--rg-mib:7: failed to locate MIB module `UCD-SNMP-MIB-rg-mib:7: failed
to locate MIB module `UCD-SNMP-MIB'
./OWM-rg-mib:66: unknown object identifier label `versionCDate'
./OWM-rg-mib:65: object `versionCDate' of notification
`razorgateSmtpStatusCountersNotification' must be a scalar or column

The UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt file is definitely present in the same directory
under/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs.

Interestingly enough smilint also reports an error for the UCD-SNMP-MIB as
in:

./UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt:1111: index element `mrIndex' of row `mrEntry' should but
cannot have a size restriction

But I'm not sure if this is a cause of why UCD-SNMP-MIB can't be found by my
mib file.

Anybody know how I can fix this or in some other way include the current
date and time in my notification payload?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim Culhane
2015-03-18 13:34:05 UTC
Hi Again,

Just to add that I'm configuring my traps using the monitor directive in
snmpd.conf. The relevant lines from my conf file are:

notificationEvent messageQueueNotification
razorgateSmtpStatusCountersNotification -m
monitor -r 60 -e messageQueueNotification messageQueueIsZero
OWM-rg-mib::razorgateSCMessagesQueued == 0

Thanks,

Tim