SNMPv3 user will be set to NONVOLATILE and couldn't be deleted
Zhouhuai Shen
2016-04-17 22:51:03 UTC

When I have created a snmpv3 user, looks like the user's type was set to NONVOLATILE. As a result of this, the next snmpd restart will save this user to a non-volatile config file -- snmpd.conf. This user will be persistent forever. Does anyone know why and how I can delete the user if I have to?

Thanks, Henry
Wes Hardaker
2016-04-21 20:52:29 UTC
Post by Zhouhuai Shen
When I have created a snmpv3 user, looks like the user's type was set
to NONVOLATILE. As a result of this, the next snmpd restart will save
this user to a non-volatile config file -- snmpd.conf. This user will
be persistent forever. Does anyone know why and how I can delete the
user if I have to?
Yep, perform an SNMP set the usmUserStatus column for that user to 6 (destroy).
--
Wes Hardaker
Parsons