Support of hash SHA256 from NetSnmp
Gerasimos Kouris
2015-04-24 11:36:49 UTC
Hello snmp users,
I am trying to set up an snmpv3 user on snmpd.conf that will respond to v3 requests.
My question concerns the encryption cyphers.As far as I understand AES ciphers stronger than 128bits are not supported by NetSnmp.If I set encryption cipher to AES will that default to AES128?? Or I should clarify it as AES128??

How about hash SHA2? Does NetSnmp support hash SHA256?If yes, on which version and how could I set it?

RegardsGerry
Wes Hardaker
2015-04-28 18:15:16 UTC
Post by Gerasimos Kouris
As far as I understand AES ciphers stronger than 128bits are not
supported by NetSnmp.
Correct. There is no standardized definitions for using AES beyond 128.
Post by Gerasimos Kouris
If I set encryption cipher to AES will that default to AES128??
AES == AES128 in terms of command line arguements.
Post by Gerasimos Kouris
How about hash SHA2? Does NetSnmp support hash SHA256?
SHA256 is not yet supported, but it should be in a future release as a
patch to support it is being worked on.
--
Wes Hardaker
Parsons