Re[2]: How to get IP of received get request
Igor Sobinov
2015-12-22 06:19:12 UTC
Hello,

I created my subagent, based on Agent X protocol. So, in my subagent I need to know the IP of recipient
You can read it from the log file of snmptrapd, if you want to implement it as a script perhaps? Or you are looking for the API?  Sent from my Mobile
2015-12-22 13:39:59 UTC
Post by Igor Sobinov
Hello,
I created my subagent, based on Agent X protocol. So, in my subagent I need
to know the IP of recipient
Sorry, the IP address of the controlling NMS is not communicated via
AgentX to subagents.

Trap targets are configured into Net-SNMP so when you use the
NOTIFY-PDU, the appropriate
trap/notifications are sent correctly to the pre-configured
trapsink/trap2sink/informsink/trapsess
addresses. (man snmpd.conf)