SNMP v3 and v2
Pranesh Kulkarni
2016-06-27 10:27:43 UTC
Hi All,

I have the existence code for SNMP v3 agent generated with mib2c . Can the
same code used for V3.

Only configuration is different in V3 ? which can ne

Please clarify me.
--
Thanks,
Pranesh
Niels Baggesen
2016-06-29 17:29:44 UTC
Post by Pranesh Kulkarni
Hi All,
I have the existence code for SNMP v3 agent generated with mib2c . Can
the same code used for V3.
Yes, the same agent code is used for all SNMP protocol versions. The
only difference is that SNMP v1 cannot return a Counter64 object.

/Niels
--
Niels Baggesen - @home - Ã…rhus - Denmark - ***@users.sourceforge.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers --- R W Hamming
Pranesh Kulkarni
2016-06-30 05:00:32 UTC
thanks Niels.

I want to elaborate my question.

I generated code for SNMPV2 using mib2c and added logic to get,set and
receive the traps.

Can I use the same existing code for SNMPv3 by adding user name
(net-snmp-create-v3-user). To work in SNMPv3 only config changes are
sufficent or do i need ti change the existence code.