Help regarding - tracing NETSNMP v3 and OID to Textual conversion for MIBs.
Chauhan, Pushpendra Sin
2015-08-12 09:32:15 UTC
Hi All,

We have an application which receive and process trap using NET-SNMP library.
We are facing challenges to know the reasons of failure conditions. We would like to know if there are API's to get the error code for below scenario or can these API's be provided:

- When a v3 trap is received and dropped; There is no way to find out the reason for rejection\drop of a trap.
For Ex: Username is invalid, Password is invalid, Authentication parameters are not correct etc.

- Our application load MIB files for the conversion of OID to human readable format using API snprint_objid, the return value of this API is an integer, which is number of character printed to input buffer.
How to know the reason why was the conversion failed; Is the MIB file not present is the only reason? Can it be known loading of which MIB file failed?

Please let us know what could be the possible APIs used in above scenarios in order to enhance tracing.

Thanks & Regards,
Pushpendra
Ajit Ambekar
2015-08-12 09:58:34 UTC
You can use the API snmp_set_do_debugging(1), and check for possible
packet drop errors.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Chauhan, Pushpendra Sin <
Post by Chauhan, Pushpendra Sin
[...]
Ambekar Ajit Shivaji
Mumbai.
Chauhan, Pushpendra Sin