Could not receive traps
g***@bel.co.in
2015-06-30 11:17:36 UTC

I am using net-snmp-5.7.2.

My agent is running on windows xp  with
ip 201.123.81.75
with snmpd.conf containg the below  information:

rocommunity  public

rwcommunity  private

trapsink
201.123.80.112
public
trap2sink  201.123.80.112
private

My manager is running on winodws 7 with ip 201.123.80.112
with
snmptrapd.conf containing the below  single line:

authCommunity log, exec,
net  public

I started the snmptrapd in windows 7  PC as

snmptrapd
-Lf  c:\log.txt

Now whenever,  i start and stop the agent in my windows xp
pc, i could not receive any trap.

[I was able to receive the coldstart trap when both
agent and manager are running in the same pc].

kindly explain about the configuration
for this...

Thank you

regards,
Ganesh Y

Every Sheets of paper is made from a tree.. Save trees... Conserve Trees.... Go Green .... Don't print this email or any Files unless you really need to!!!!
Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender at Bharat Electronics or ***@bel.co.in
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
Pranesh Kulkarni
2015-06-30 14:15:13 UTC
Hi Ganesh

If you were able to receive traps on same machine then
Pls check

1) is manager is able to ping agent
2) if yes , check also any firewall between manager and agent.
Hi,
------------------------------
*Every Sheets of paper is made from a tree.. Save trees... Conserve
Trees.... Go Green .... Don't print this email or any Files unless you
really need to!!!! *
*Confidentiality Notice *
to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may
contain
recipient,
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thanks,
Pranesh