snmpwalk v3 SHA
Sunil Siddharth
2015-10-20 12:51:38 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to run snmpwalk with SHA and authnopriv credentials as below and getting error "snmpwalk: USM authentication failure (incorrect password or key)"

C:\usr\bin>snmpwalk -v 3 -a SHA -l authnopriv -u noAuthUser -A password123 10.112.73.208 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
snmpwalk: USM authentication failure (incorrect password or key)

Please let me know the correct format for the command.

Highly appreciate your help.

Regards
Sunil Siddharth

::DISCLAIMER::

Bill Fenner
2015-10-23 14:05:33 UTC
Post by Sunil Siddharth
Hello,
I am trying to run snmpwalk with SHA and authnopriv credentials as below
and getting error “snmpwalk: USM authentication failure (incorrect password
or key)”
C:\usr\bin>snmpwalk -v 3 -a SHA -l authnopriv -u noAuthUser -A password123
10.112.73.208 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
snmpwalk: USM authentication failure (incorrect password or key)
Please let me know the correct format for the command.
That is the correct format for the command. Perhaps your server is not
configured with the proper credentials.

When I specify an incorrect password, I get:
snmpwalk: Authentication failure (incorrect password, community or key)
When I specify an incorrect username, I get:
snmpwalk: Unknown user name
When I specify the incorrect hash algorithm (MD5 instead of SHA), I get:
snmpwalk: Authentication failure (incorrect password, community or key)

I don't know how to get "USM authentication failure".

Bill

Bill
Post by Sunil Siddharth
Highly appreciate your help.
Regards
*Sunil Siddharth*
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
transmission. The e mail and its contents
(with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
written consent of authorized representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
and other defects.